Thursday, October 15, 2009

No Wisconsequences preview

I can't wait any longer. I must update this blog.

SO this weekend is No Wisconsequences, a Cultimate tournament in Delafield, WI. The pools for the Women's division can be found here on the UPA Website.

If you're too lazy to actually look at the pools, Durga is first in Pool F (what?) with Valparaiso, Chicago, and UW-La Crosse. Rumor has it that La Crosse teamed up with Lawrence University's women's team. It'll be nice to play teams that we haven't played before, but really? Pool F? We finished 2nd at Sectionals and 5th at Regionals last year. Whatever, we'll just have to win out on Saturday and head right into the Championship bracket Sunday morning. I have a feeling that it's going to be tricky for teams not in the power A and B pools to make it into the championship bracket. If we keep seed, we'll play C2 which would be Indiana if they keep seed. I hope Duluth beats them because that'd be fun.

The Durga roster for this tournament is:
Erin "Shish" Shishilla
Brittany "BFaust" Faust
Natalie "DT" Warren
Lisa Erlandson
Liz "Lix" Moen
Rachel Takazawa
Stephanie "Tanner" Tanner
Taryn Arbeiter
Taylor Bridges
Erin "Kirby" Curme (The name's been discussed)
Maddie Ranum
Charlotte Rosen
Sarah Scott
Laura van Leuven
Bri Sennott
Meredith Mount
Kelsie Brust
Katherine Zimmermann
Eliza McDermott

This list makes me realize a few things:
1. We are going to kick ass
2. We need more nicknames
3. We have a lot of new people which is awesome

This tournament is also going to force a lot more people to handle that haven't before but I am fully confident in our disc skills.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Durga time is the best time.
I also thought the durgablog should have more cute things on it, so check out Ole the golden retriever puppy with my dad! They will be visited in Madison on the way there and I just can't wait.


-Brittany Faust #18, Junior

2 comments:

  1. what about Rachel "Swiffer" Takazawa???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add one more nickname...

    Sarah "Turtle" Mitchell

    ReplyDelete